Friday, September 12, 2008

One of my proudest moments

Well, my daughter came home from school yesterday eagerly awaiting to hear if she was going to be ab BIG sister again. I knew this was going to be tough and my husband said , " Kayla , I am sorry but it didn't work !" She just stood there in shock and stared at the both of us and gave each of us a hug and said "I am so sorry!" I was being strong and keeping my mind preoccupied all evening between homework, cheer practice and dance class. Well, we were on our way home from dance class and she just looked at me and said " Mom, you don't have to be strong for me. It is OK to cry and to be upset. You lost two babies today and if it was me I would be sad and crying. Mom, I am sad to. I lost two brothers or sisters. Please don;t think you did anything wrong mom. You didn't. It was a rough time and it is not your fault. The hurricane rushed you and you did everything you could. We had extra people here and no power and you just couldn't relax." I just sat there in the car, listening to every word she was saying. Then I started to cry, not because I was sad, but because there sitting beside me was my child, my rock for so many years and through so many tough times in our life telling me exactly what I really needed to hear. She is just a child , 11 years old and so wise beyond her years. She said, " Mom, I really think you should try one more time. I just know in my heart it is going to work out next time. Will you at least think about it? I would be so happy if you would try one more time." I know that as a parent I must have done something right. Who at that young of an age understands what we as moms trying to have a baby struggle and go through ups and downs and then tells us it is going to be alright? I am so proud of her and my husband and I for raising such a kind child. She assured me I was strong and I have been through worse , not to give up hope.
After she went to bed last night, I just laid there and thought of the words she said. It brought me to tears and I am so unbelievably proud of her and of myself for raising such a wonderful child...and thankful to God that he gave her to me in the first place. =)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Its takes a strong woman to raise a stong girl. You should be proud!

Sorry to hear the news. Stay strong. Remember crying through stress---can still mean you're moving forward!

I'll be praying for you.