Thursday, September 11, 2008

Negative Beta Today

We got our results this morning. Not the news I wanted to hear, but I just had that feeling. I just felt like they rushed the whole thing and in the bottom of my stomach it was not the right timing. It is what it is you know. I also am upset because they told me on the day of my transfer that the remaining embies would be watched after and that we would get a call on day 3 and day 5 to let us know the progress. We were assured that someone would stay with the embies until the hit blastocyst stage and then they would freeze them. Well, they never did call. On Friday we finally got in touch with them and they told me we had 14 left. I took that to mean that we had 14 to reach blastocyst stage. Today we find out that is not the case. The froze them all on day 2. The never even got to the blastocyst stage. They want me to do a natural cycle next month and when it is time to do the egg transfer (3 days before the transfer) they are going to thaw them and let the get to blastocyst stage. I asked are they able to make it thru the thawing process since they are day 2 embies. She has assured me that they have as good a chance as any other day 5 embie. I am not sure I believe that with all that has gone on up to date. I am not trying to sound negative, I just feel let down. She also told my husband that they only do a day 2 transfer in an emergency and only if they know the couple have at least one more try if it doesn't work. I honestly wish they would have told us that and let us make the decision. If they were going to freeze them any way, freeze them all and get through the hurricane and go from there. So now we are playing the waiting game again. She told me as soon as I get my cycle to call them and then go in for my blood work. I also have an appt Tuesday with the RE to discuss what happened and to get the details of the natural cycyle. She said it would cost an extra $1400 and they are going to try next month. I hope I am ready. I will keep you posted. Trying to remain positive.....

No comments: